Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving!

As always I am a bit late posting about the important events of our lives...but better late than never right?!?!?

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We spent the day with the Mayes side of the family...at Ken's parents house. There was plenty of yummy food, fun times playing games with the kids and a bit of relaxation while Grammy played with the kids! My mother-in-law Janet is amazing. She has so much energy and always has fun things for the kids to do. My boys never want to go home!

My mom...is also amazing because EVERY year she makes sure I have some of her homemade dressing that I LOVE!

Of course this time of year helps me think about all of the blessings in my life and I decided to list a few. There is no order to the list...not a top 10 or anything, but just some things I am very thankful for.

I Am Thankful For.....
A husband who works so hard so I can be home with our children
James, who keeps my mind very alert while trying to guess his next move
Levi, who keeps me laughing even when he should be getting in trouble
The gospel that guides and helps me through each day
Wonderful extended family that is loving and supportive unconditionally
My husband again, for...well we wont mention details on here! =)
My membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
The opportunities I have to go to the temple
Cuddle time with my boys
Quiet time while they nap and after they have gone to bed
Time....to spend with family and friends
Orange chicken from Panda Express
And many, many more...I could go on for days!

We are trying to get into the Christmas spirit here...the Christmas tree has been put up...still trying to decide if James and Levi are going to be able to handle ornaments being ON the tree. I am excited to go shopping for them and go to the various Christmas parties that are planned. James and Levi are loving all of the Christmas lights and decorations. I think we might try to take them to Temple Square to walk around...maybe soon while it is still unseasonably warm!
I am kind of excited...yes excited...that the economy is kind of bad right now. I feel like it is helping nudge people back towards the true meaning of Christmas and taking a little bit of the commercial-ness out of it. I like the idea of simple Christmas' with less "presents" and more special time with family and friends. I like the idea of teaching my children about the birth of Christ rather than writing letters to Santa. Maybe its just me...but it just feels right.

Ok...this is kind of a long entry....Im going to go get ready to take the boys to the park when they wake up from their naps! =) LOVING THIS WEATHER!

No comments: