We had a great time at our ward Christmas party tonight...and of course Santa Claus made his annual appearance! Ken has spent some time explaining to James about Santa. Not your usual explanations of course...this is Ken Mayes we are talking about. His explanation goes a little something like this, "There are guys that dress up in these big red suits and tell you that they will bring you presents if you are a good kid...but they really don't bring you presents...it's Mommy and Daddy. They are just liars."
So here comes Santa Claus into the room and Ken asks James if he wants to go see Santa and get a candy cane. James says..and I quote, "I don't need a candy cane that bad." Then a few minutes later, after watching several kids go sit on Santa's lap James turns to me and tells me, "I want Santa to go home now...okay?!?!" He is almost three...and anti-Santa!
He does however have us all figured out. Last Monday we took the boys to Grandpa and Grandma Mayes' to play for a bit while Ken and I went shopping. When we got back James asked us, "Where is my Christmas?" and trying to play it off like I didn't know what he was talking about I said, "Your Christmas???" James said, "Where are my presents? Is my 'pitar' in the trunk?".......Is my pitar in the trunk???...how did he know? He has since insisted several times that we retrieve his presents from the trunk! I don't think he would have ever bought the Santa story had we tried!
4 comments:
Promise-This is Sarah Erickson (we used to be in the same ward). Just wanted to say 'hi.' I came across your blog while I was blog hopping. Hope things are going well. Our blog is private. Send me an e-mail at nicknsarah@comcast.net if you'd like an invite. Merry Christmas!
Promise,
Your boys are adorable. I love how you relay you adventures with them on your blog. I am questioning your facebook message. What's up?
note to self, must keep my girls away from your blog...we are pro- santa! :)
Sorry....I didnt even think about kids reading this!!!
Post a Comment