Sunday, August 1, 2010

Too much to even try!

I know I haven't posted anything in ages...and I am not even going to try to catch up on all that has happened since then! Sorry...for the three people that actually read this...I know you are so disappointed! :)

Here it is the middle of summer and we are having so much fun! We have been having the summer I have been dreaming of since becoming a mom! Picnics at the park, playing in the water, spending time with family and friends, working around the yard together, going to movies, swim days at Grammy's, bike rides, the Manti Pageant...we have just had a lot of fun! Our kids are great! Of course we have our moments but it seems like our "moments" are getting to be fewer and farther between! (I do think it has something to do with me not being so sleep deprived!)

We have been anxiously waiting for a schedule change for Ken...we are still anxiously waiting! Someday, someday it will happen! Until then...we will continue to be grateful for the wonderful employment that he has and the opportunities it gives us to do things as a family at odd hours! :)

Ken and the boys have been very busy making improvements to our house and yard! James is a bit of slave driver...he loves to work, and he keeps on his daddy to work, work, work. James loves to swing a sledge hammer, walk along with Ken while he is mowing the lawn...and is always looking for a reason to use the chainsaw!
James has also mastered riding his bike without training wheels! He rides just like his dad....or at least tries to! I have had to put a stop to the attempts of riding off the porch and down the slide...but its in his blood to look for things a little more dangerous than just the sidewalk! Ken and James did build a little ramp to a tabletop and down another ramp, that has been a hit with all the neighbor kids as well!

Levi is still obssessed with Star Wars. Which is ok because his little Star Wars action figures keep him entertained for HOURS! Levi enjoys going for bike rides too! Although riding behind him definitely tries your patience! Levi likes to take in the sights, stop to pick up rocks, stop to smell a flower, stop to move a hose out of the way, stop to make sure you are still behind him.....you get the idea! He is cute as can be though! OH and we cant forget the most important accomplishment of them all.....drum roll......Levi is POTTY TRAINED!!!!!!!! Life is grand!

My sweet little Abby is mobile! Can you believe she is 6 months old already and crawling...chasing...us all around the house! She loves to talk and as soon as words that we actually understand start coming out...I think we are all in for it! She loves her brothers and all of the attention they smother her with! She is always full of smiles and giggles. She still prefers a bottle over real food...but she does like to blow raspberries (all over you) right after you give her a spoonful of whatever it is you would like her to eat!

I have been feeling amazing! I dont remember ever having the energy that I do right now. I play with the kids, get house work done, take the kids out on outings....I can even have all of us up and ready to leave the house by 9:30 in the morning when I want to! To some this may sound like dumb, little things...but to someone that never has enough iron and seems to have been sick more than not for the last bit...these are MAJOR accomplishments! I am so thankful for all of my family and friends that have helped me and supported me through these tough times...and are sharing this wonderful time with me!

I will take some updated photos of the kids tomorrow...to post so you can see how much they have grown and how stinking cute they are! Until then....love you and thank you for all you do for me and my family! Look later for those pictures! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ill look for the pics!!! :) Thanks for the update!!! :)
miss you love you!
xoxo

Janet said...

I love you guys so much, and I am so grateful for all our great blessings! Love, Grammy Mayes

'boo said...

I'm so glad that things are going well in your world :) When are we hitting Grannie Annie's?

Derk and Ashley said...

You are so cute! It was so fun looking at your blog! I love hearing about your kids. Isn't it so fun how different they each are. You seem to be doing really well! Thanks for letting me visit your blog!

Mindy said...

HA! There's far more than 3 people. ;) SO happy you are feeling well, even happier that Levi is potty trained, but wanting to see Abby...
Soon, right?

Hallie said...

I'm really happy that you and your family are doing well. I love all the pictures too.Thanks for the update.