Monday, January 25, 2010

Gratefully Blessed

I am sitting here tonight thinking about how incredibly blessed I am! It seems that after the birth of each of my children I do this ( I realize how blessed I am more often than that....but especially in these ways...at these times.)

I am so blessed to have children. I realize at this time how blessed I am that Heavenly Father trusts me with His precious little children. I feel the weight of this trust and accountability and pray I can be the mom he wants me and expects me to be. It makes me realize how important it is for me to be living worthily in order to have the Spirit as my constant companion, and how many times I have been blessed through this wonderful gift!

I am blessed to have happy, healthy children. Of course all families have the times when it seems that everyone is sick and you just keep passing it back and forth to each other...but we have been so blessed not to have any serious illnesses or injuries. Of course having two very active little boys we have had our share of scrapes, cuts, bruises, lost finger/toe nails....but we have been blessed that we have not had a single trip to the doctor or emergency room for these things!

I am so blessed to have an amazing husband. He surprises me daily! In the last few months our relationship has grown so much...almost without me realizing it I think. I have had to rely on him in ways I havent had to before...and of course he met my every need and did it without complaint! While being sick and pregnant and just not having the energy to do much of anything...I had to ask for help from him a lot. With the kids, with house work, with shopping....you name it and he probably did it for me at some point in the last few months. I am so thankful for him and love him so much. I love the long conversations we have and that he knows just when I need him to put his arm around me and tell me its "okay"! He is an amazing man!

I am blessed to have a wonderful family. I love being so close to our parents. I love my moms so much and am so thankful for the examples that they set for me and the love, guidance, and support they give me! My mom and I have always been close but I love that as I get older that we are such good friends! I love my mommy! =)
Im so blessed to have a mom (in-law) that I love. There are the mother-in-law jokes and horror stories around....and none of them apply to me and my relationship with my mother-in-law. We are alike in so many ways and she teaches me so much...I just love her! I feel sad for girls that dont get along with their mother-in-laws because I know I am a better person because of mine!


I am blessed in so many different ways...and it is fun to sit and think back on things that have happened over the last 8 1/2 years since Ken and I have been together and see God's hand in all of it! (And even before then!!!) Things dont always happen the way or in the time frame that I wish...but my Heavenly Father has yet to let me down ....and for that I know I am blessed!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

SO happy that you are a part of our family!! You were made for Ken.. you were meant to be a part of our family. We love you!

Anonymous said...

You are wonderful Promise! So grateful we are connected. I love you!