Sunday, November 16, 2008

Primary Program....Relief!

Today was our primary program. I have been so stressed out and worried about this...knowing from experience that it always turns out just fine...and it did. Our primary did an awesome job! They sang good, a good number of them had their parts memorized and they behaved themselves for the most part.

My favorite part was when the Activity Day girls sang the first two verses of "If the Savior Stood Beside Me" and the rest of the primary joined in for the last verse. I just felt the spirit so strong while they were singing...I just love all of my primary kids...it was just wonderful. Of couse feeling the spirit so strongly made me cry like a little baby and all of the kids were looking at me like I was nuts!

I love my calling...for those of you that don't know I am the 1st Counselor in the Primary...it's just so much fun. Of course for the last two months I have been completely stressed out about the program but it was all worth it today! I feel so blessed to be trusted with teaching so many kids the gospel...it seems like such a huge resposibilty and it is...but kids dont over complicate things. They are trusting and want to learn. Sometimes it feels as though you can physically feel their need to learn about certain concepts of the gospel. And to be able to teach them and feel like they understand...on some level...is very satisfying!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

rub it in.. like salt in my wound.. why don't ya? ;)