We had a PJ day...the boys and I never really got dressed yesterday. I did shower and put comfy clothes right back on and the boys did get clean jammies around 5:00pm. We just played and I laid around and read for most of the morning. It was nice to just do nothing for most of the day.
We tried to explain to James about reading books with no pictures...grown up books. We explained to him that we see the pictures in our head kind of like movies. Ken asked him if he could see a horse in his head if he thought about it...James said yes...Ken asked if he could see a cow...he said yes. Then Ken explained that it is kind of like that when mommy and dad read our books we can just see it in our heads. James seemed like he kind of understood, but still prefers his books with pictures!
Our big maple tree is beautiful right now...and the kids are just waiting for all of the leaves to fall so that we can make big piles to play in. I will be sure to post some pictures when we do.
We tried to explain to James about reading books with no pictures...grown up books. We explained to him that we see the pictures in our head kind of like movies. Ken asked him if he could see a horse in his head if he thought about it...James said yes...Ken asked if he could see a cow...he said yes. Then Ken explained that it is kind of like that when mommy and dad read our books we can just see it in our heads. James seemed like he kind of understood, but still prefers his books with pictures!
Our big maple tree is beautiful right now...and the kids are just waiting for all of the leaves to fall so that we can make big piles to play in. I will be sure to post some pictures when we do.
3 comments:
I have PJ day on any day ending in Y. I hate sitting around my house with jeans on. it jut bugs me. as soon as I get home from where ever I've been I go straight to my room and change. Sunday dinner does not get started until I change clothes.
I love it...I try not to call of my PJs.. "PJs" and just call them comfy clothes so that Ken doesn't think I am in PJ ALL of the time! I am glad someone else feels the same way! =)
I so want to see those cute pics! Hopefully Levi will like leaves better than he does water!
Post a Comment