Tuesday, October 7, 2008


Look at those handsome Mayes men! We just got back from a week long camping trip in Southern Utah. We had a great time. It was HOT...there were lots of red ants, beautiful scenery and relaxation! We went to a little ghost town called Grafton, Zions National Park, Cove Fort, this years site of the Red Bull Rampage (although we did not go to the competition this year), and many fun trips to the Virgin Trading Post. We played in the river, threw LOTS of rocks, cooked great food and enjoyed being together as a family away from all the worries of home.
While we were there I did something that I had said I wouldn't....I started reading the Twilight book series. I am addicted...I am on the third book in less than a week. Great books!
Ken took a pretty good dig on his bike and scraped his face along the ground - no he was not wearing his full face helmet (he did have an helmet on...just not his full face). He was pulling rocks out of his gums for days!
James and Levi had a blast playing down by the river...throwing rocks. It was so hot that we would go dip our shirts in the river and put them back on to help keep us cool.
We saw a lot of lizards and frogs - and one BIG crawdaddy!
All in all it was a great trip - but we were happy to come home!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

The boys are too cute! I am convinced that Levi would have loved that river if aunt Mimi were in it with him ;)

Brooke said...

ah! I was wondering when you were going to start a blog. I'm excited for future posts.

Promise said...

Yes I started a blog...I just dont think we are interesting enough to update it too often though!