Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks

So today is Thanksgiving Day! I have been trying to do a lot of things with James and Levi to help them recognize and remember all the things they are blessed with. We made an "I'm Thankful For..." wall and they drew all sorts of fun pictures to hang up there. We have read thanksgiving books and have tried to remember a few more "we are thankful for" things in our prayers each day.
I can never say enough how thankful I am for my kids, my husband, family, friends, our home, the food we have to eat each day, the gospel in my life, the scriptures, our prophet, and especially my Savior. I am blessed beyond measure!
But, from a wife/mother point of view there are several other things I am thankful for also!
1. Bedtime
2. Bathtubs
3. "Shout" - the cleaner
4. Reading books with my kids...and they actually sit and listen!
5. The 5 minute drive- by myself -from my house to the grocery store
6. Cuddling with Ken...and only Ken for an hour or so on occasion
7. Waking up - rested- in the morning and laying in bed listening to my sleeping children breath...knowing they are safe, healthy, and happy (most of the time).
8. Friday mornings - knowing that Ken doesn't have to go to work this day!
9. Long talks with Ken ...until his calming voice finally makes me drift off to sleep! (he is not boring....just soothing and calming!)
10. Mac and Cheese and frozen pizzas for those nights I just don't feel like cooking!
I could go on and on of course....I am blessed....I have the life I imagined as a little girl! I am a mom! I am a wife.....I have a very precious, special loving family.....and I know I am loved! Really what more can a girl ask for? I am thankful for all that I have, that I have been blessed to be, and for a wonderful future to look forward to!

Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

You have listed some things that I tend to overlook but am thankful for nonetheless. I am also thankful for you, for being able to see you and visit with you today! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

So much to be grateful for! :) Hope you had a great thanksgiving!!!

Jenny Bartoy said...

Hi Promise, I apologize for contacting you here, but my emails to you got returned.

You are the second winner in our big Mod Podge giveaway and you've won a copy of the book by Amy Anderson.

I need your mailing address so we can get the book to you. Please email me at stumblesstitches AT ymail DOT com.

Thank you for participating, and congratulations! :)