SO...I am going to try to limit it to 5 things...as to not overwhelm myself!
1. (a carry over from last year) I want to learn to crochet. I feel that it is a very useful skill and would love something to do to relax (at least all my family that knows how to do it says it is relaxing!!) Besides I like having all those warm cozy blankets and scarves around!
2. I want to do more to record our little families history. Keep a journal with pictures. I found this website that everyone else probably knows about, http://www.shutterfly.com/, that you can make picture books with text included...they print it all out and bind it... and you go pick it up from Target! They seem pretty affordable. I have also been looking into some digital scrap booking software...it looks like something I might be able to manage. Anyway...those are my ideas for that at the moment. If anyone has any advice or ideas...suggestions on this...PLEASE let me know!
3. I want to do more service...I haven't decided just how yet. I first thought of people in my family that could just use a visit (my grandma davis....papa wallace)...but I know there is so much to be done I just need to be open to it and pray about opportunities.
4. I want my time spent with my children to be better quality time. Most days we wake up and before I know it is time to go to bed and it doesn't feel like we have done a darn thing. I want to do more fun things...memorable things with the boys.
5. I want to set a date with Ken...EVERY MONTH...to go to the temple. With his schedule it is kind of hard to do...but that is just an excuse. My mom-in-law even gave us a gift certificate for watching the boys while we go each month!!! I know we need to be there more than we are. I also want to read the Book of Mormon again this year. This is a goal I set every year but it just feels more real when I know other people know I am trying to do this.
Who knows maybe if I get to all of this and have some spare time I will eat better and get more exercise too! I just can't make myself say those are my goals...they make me feel like I cant breath!!
Hope you all have a wonderful 2009!!!!
5 comments:
Promise,
Those are all awesome goals! Here is a website that I found that has some free digital scrapbook stuff and also some you can buy. I haven't actually done anything with these, but they are sure cute! I did get our Christmas cards from her shop and it was super easy to use. I just put my pictures right in!
http://www.shabbyprincess.com/
I am looking forward to seeing what you do-make sure you put it on your blog!
Sounds awfully familiar!! We have some similar goals..
If we get a chance I would love to show how to crochet. I am not real good at following a pattern. But I could show the basics. You are such a strong person. I really admire you.
When I was little my blind grandma taught me how to crochet. I can only remember how to do a chain. But if she can do it....
Your goals are great. I love shabby princess, I have a few others on my blog for digital SB
Thanks guys...look what great support I have in achieving my goals already! You are all awesome. I will definitely take you us on the crochet lessons Julie!!! I am sure we will be seeing each other sometime this year! =) Thanks Hallie...I am really excited to check out some of the digital stuff. I just dont have the patience to do all the little things that make it so cute in the "real" ones! Love ya all!
Post a Comment